Area Development Manager
Business opportunities with Food Umbrella – Throughout the UK
Area Development Manager Positions – Part Time or Full Time
As a new Social business opportunity aimed at eating establishments throughout the UK, Food Umbrella is seeking outgoing, friendly and entrepreneurial people who have a passion for building relationships and a real interest in food to promote and sell the benefits of Food Umbrella and our Standard meat label. We require Area development managers to be our local eyes and ears, a contact point for establishments throughout the UK who can help us to build the Food Umbrella and Standard meat brands nationally, while building their own local portfolio of customers. Food Umbrella promotes social inclusion and social integration through food. It provides the world’s first truly multi-cultural food directory – catering for all communities in one place.
All our Area Development Manager positions are self-employed (commission only) with no cap on earnings and aimed at people with a real interest in both food and the wellbeing of their local communities, they provide the right people with the opportunity to build their own income as part of a friendly and ethical business. Designed to work around your existing employment commitments, Area Development Managers earn an income from each restaurant or food outlet they sign-up and also receive an income from all annual renewals. So building lasting relationships with food establishments really pays. We require people who can manage and develop their own area.
If you have an interest in food, enjoy a challenge - then read on!
We are looking to recruit
Entrepreneurial individuals – based in their own area (working from home) - duties include;
- Dealing with customers via email, telephone and face to face visits
- Ensuring that food establishment information is collected and categorised correctly
- Representing and selling our services locally
- Gathering and updating client details including taking basic digital photographs of food outlets
- Promoting and marketing our company services to all types of food establishments
- Providing a local and professional contact for members and advertisers
- General administration
- Assisting locally in any special/national sales and marketing promotions.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to build-up their own local area while working as part of a new and growing ethical organisation. For more information on the Food Umbrella please visit our who we are page.
Our ideal applicant:
- Must enjoy working on their own initiative and establishing their own business area
- Sales experience preferred (able to hit the ground running)
- Believes that private enterprise should be an integral part of positive social change
- Want to join a social business open to all communities and contribute personally to its success
- Interested in food and believes that all customers have a right to know what type of food they are eating
- Have a friendly and professional approach to business
- Have a confident manner with a flexible attitude and good communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Have excellent attention to detail and willing to learn
- Possess a cheerful disposition when meeting establishment owners and representing the FoodUmbrella.
A telephone, colour printer and internet access are essential tools for the job. Sales experience preferred. Experience, knowledge or contacts in any of the following areas would be useful: restaurants, pubs or butchers, but this is not essential. Enthusiasm and a can-do-attitude are the most important characteristics for the job.
The Area Development Manager positions are ideal part-time jobs, which once established can be operated on a full-time basis. Working hours are flexible and offer our managers the opportunity to provide an important local service, ensuring that all dietary needs are respected. Restaurants selling Standard (conventional) meat, halal, kosher or vegetarian and vegan food.
If you would like to be considered for a particular area or town near you, then include the details in the application process below
*Please remember to state on your covering letter your preferred City or Area.
If you would like to help build a business that is open to all communities and that embraces and respects all dietary needs, then working with the FoodUmbrella is your ideal business. Food Umbrella is not your conventional food directory and is the only Standard meat and food labelling service. So this is your chance to be part of something unique and new.
At the Food Umbrella we simply empower customers with knowledge, enabling them to make an informed choice, while also ensuring that restaurants and other food outlets advertised on the Food Umbrella directory and displaying our window logos are always the customer’s first and preferred option.
If you would like to be part of a new organisation that is friendly, ethical and unique – while building your own local knowledge and business contacts – then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Include a short covering letter/email stating the area you are interested in and tell us why you should represent the Food Umbrella and Standard meat brands.
Please note, We will only be able to contact candidates that match our criteria.
No Agencies: Individual applications only